The history of the World Cup suggests that the eventual winner of the 2014 tournament, staged in Brazil, will be won by a country from South America. It will be the seventh time the trophy will be competed for in that part of the world and in all of the previous six the winners have been from that continent (twice each for Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay). read more
- Andy Hunter on Manchester United need to announce their new manager this week
- Chris Jones on Moyes' departure is a lesson for the football world
- The Football Project » Mind Games: Premier League preview on Is Flamini the signing of the summer?
- bradley on Mourinho the master
- Realist on Mourinho the master